Welcome to The Works’ (Dance and Theatre Cornwall Ltd) new web pages which are all about US! This new website has been built by us to keep you informed you about what The Works does and who we are and what we can offer you and is intended to work alongside www.danceandtheatrecornwall.co.uk.co.uk which is all about YOU!
The Works’ Mission
The Works exists in order to enable development of a vibrant performing arts ecology in Cornwall.
To us, a vibrant performing arts ecology is one that:
- Seeks out, creates and responds to opportunities
- Genuinely works in partnership
- Creates new, high quality work
- Connects with the wider community
- Seeks and shares inspiration
The Works Aims
- Supporting the professional development of artists, venues and companies
- Supporting diversity within the creative & cultural sector
- Developing a 21st century, fit-for-purpose sector
- Enabling production of high quality work
- Making possible the promotion of high quality programmes
- Encouraging the quality and quantity of participation
- Enhancing the use of performing arts in education
- Maximising the audiences for Cornwall’s artists and venues
- Working with partners to maximise the opportunities for children and young people to participate in and enjoy the performing arts
These aims are met through 5 interconnected strands of work:
DevelopWorks –advice & guidance services, professional and organisational development support for practitioners, venues and companies; upskilling, development and raising of quality through CPD (Continuing Professional Development) opportunities; supporting diversity in programming, delivery and sector development; creation of employment and commissioning opportunities for companies and individual practitioners.
YouthWorks – Cornwall Youth Dance Company, development of activities for children and young people, Young Promoters network
CoreWorks –building our own capacity and organisational development, regular review and evaluation of our activity
NetWorks – Theatre Forum, Dancer Forum; working with regional networks, developing partnerships and consortia to strengthen the sector; advocacy and promotional activities; newsletters; website
CO-Works – Delivery of programme for RELAYS as part of the Cultural Olympiad.
(RELAYS is a £3.1 million project which will deliver an ambitious, flexible programme of linked cultural and sporting events. The project is grounded in education and seeks to inspire a generation of young people throughout South West England. RELAYS is run by Universities South West in conjunction with its partners Lyme Regis Development Trust, The Works and Watershed. The project is funded by Legacy Trust UK and HEFCE. www.universitiessouthwest.ac.uk/relays.)