Over our NPO (National Portfolio Organisation) years we will
- Create or enable 10 artists commissions each year
- Work with partners, deliver an annual programme of workshops, masterclasses and training (10 per year)
- Support the programming of 15 small-scale touring performances in Cornish venues.
- Produce three evenings of scratch work each year
- Support three community groups or events each year (advice, artistic guidance and expertise)
- Develop participatory activities working with non-traditional arts consumers/attenders
- Establish 5 new youth dance groups by 2015, providing training to develop local volunteers and community leaders
This means that we offer -
- Advice Surgeries
- Funding advice - G4A (Grants for the Arts) and other sources of funding
- Business Planning
- Brokering partnerships
- Workshops and masterclasses for practitioners and teachers
- Regular ebulletins to the dance and theatre sectors
- Provision of a user-generated website
- Admin Support scheme
- Venue Cornwall network
- Guarantees against loss to enable venues to bring in high quality touring work from out-of-county
- Development of major bid to ACE’s (Arts Council England) Strategic Touring fund, to support touring to small-scale venues, Young Promoters and schools.
Administration Support Scheme
Following the successful introduction of our Admin Support Scheme in 2011, The Works is pleased to be able to continue to offer this service to the dance and theatre sector for 2012/13.
The Arts Council England subsidy that we received for this pilot project has now come to an end, but we are still able to offer this facility at a subsidised rate of £60 per day (7.5 hours). We can carry out a range of admin tasks for you, including:
- Project co-ordination
- Tour booking support (NB: Not tour booking)
- Evaluation support
- Website maintenance
- Facilitation of meetings
- Board support (e.g. Minutes, co-ordinating Board meetings)
NB: This list is not exclusive, so please talk to us if you have other admin tasks that you need support with. For further information and an application form please contact Liz@dtcworks.co.uk
Young People offer -
The Works runs:
- Cornwall Youth Dance Company (CYDC), the county’s flagship youth contemporary dance group – now based at UCF.
- Cornwall Young Promoter’s groups – 11 groups currently operating throughout Cornwall.
Working with University College Falmouth
We are supporting (with money and/or staff resources) the following:
- Freefall Summer School, 2012
- Student seminars
- Appointment of 2 students to act as liaison between students, The Works and the sector
- Provide platform opportunities for students and graduates (Menu and Gaining Ground)
- Advice sessions for UCF (University College Falmouth) students and graduates